Nothing beats a bowl of heart warming fried rice straight from the kitchen.
Serves : 4
- 2 cup water
- 1 cup extra long grain brown rice*
- 3 Tbsp. reduced sodium (lite) soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. dry sherry, optional**
- 1/4 tsp. Thai-style chili sauce***
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 cup matchstick cut carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup finely chopped water chestnuts
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup (8 oz.) Albu-man egg white
Bring water and rice to a boil in 2-quart saucepan. Reduce heat to low. Cover saucepan with a tight fitting lid. Cook rice over low heat for 35 minutes or until rice is tender.
Meanwhile, in small bowl stir together soy sauce, sherry and chili sauce; set aside.
Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrots, mushrooms, water chestnuts, red bell pepper and onion. Cook, stirring constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Add cooked rice and thawed peas. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes.
Reduce heat to low. Stir in soy sauce mixture. With wooden spoon, push rice mixture to sides of skillet, making large hole in center of skillet for preparing egg.
Pour Albu-man egg white into center of skillet. As egg starts to set use wooden spoon or spatula to slowly stir egg until eggs are set. Stir rice mixture into egg.
* Using leftover cooked brown or white rice cuts your cooking time significantly. Just substitute 3 cups leftover rice in step 4. Or substitute long grain white rice. Cook 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice according to package directions.
** Substitute dry cooking wine, dry white wine or chicken broth.